SERVER HEALTH CHECK: OK
자동
ID/PW 찾기 회원가입

[영화뉴스]  [정보] 샘 레이미가 [워크래프트] 영화를 하차한 이유

Updated at 2013-03-06 09:27:34

Sam Raimi Reveals Why He Left WORLD OF WARCRAFT and SPIDER-MAN 4

You’re no longer attached to the World of Warcraft movie, and now Duncan Jones is making it.

SAM RAIMI: I loved his movie Moon, and I think he’s a strikingly talented director. I bet that if anyone can do a great job with it, it’s him.

What was the biggest obstacle on that project?

RAIMI: Robert Rodat was working on the script, and it was taking a long time. I think they were getting a little antsy at Legendary, the production company. Actually, what happened was even more complicated, so let me go back a little bit. First, they asked me if I wanted to make it, and I said, “Yes, I love World of Warcraft, and I think it would make a great picture.” So I read a screenplay they had that was written by the guys at [Warcraft developer] Blizzard, and it didn’t quite work for me. I told them I wanted to make my own original story with Robert, so we pitched it to Legendary and they accepted it, and then we pitched it to Blizzard, and they had reservations, but they accepted it. Then Robert wrote the screenplay, and only once he was done did we realize that Blizzard had veto power, and we didn’t know that. And they had never quite approved the original story we pitched them. Those reservations were their way of saying, “We don’t approve this story, and we want to go a different way,” so after we had spent nine months working on this thing, we basically had to start over. And Robert did start over, but it was taking too long for the people at Blizzard, and their patience ran out. Honestly, I think it was mismanagement on their behalf, not to explain to us that the first story was vetoed long ago. Why did they let us keep working on it? Were they afraid to tell me??

현재 워크래프트의 감독으로 [더문][소스코드]의 던칸 존스가 내정되어 있다. 그전에는 샘 레이미가 감독을 맡았으니 Vulture와의 인터뷰에서 워크래프트 영화 제작의 어려움을 밝히며 하차 사유를 밝혔다.

샘 레이미에 따르면 먼저 블리자드 측에서 감독직을 요청했다고 한다. 그러자 샘 레이미는 자신이 와우를 좋아하기에 자신은 멋진 영화를 만들수 있다 생각하여 감독직을 승낙하였다고 한다.

먼저 블리자드 쪽에서 만든 각본을 읽어보았는데 자신에게는 적합하지 않다 여겨 각본가 로버트 로댓 (라이언 일병 구하기, 토르 각본가) 과 함께 자신만의 오리지널 스토리로 만들기를 원했다. 그래서 제작사 레전더리 픽쳐스와 블리자드의 허락을 구해 각본을 집필하였다고 한다.

그런데 나중에서야 블리자드 측에 각본에 대한 거부권이 있음을 알게 되었는데 그전까지는 전혀 알지 못했다고 한다. 어찌되었건 블리자드 측은 샘 레이미와 로버트 로댓이 집필한 각본을 허락하지 않았으니, 그들이 말하길

"우린 이 이야기를 승인하지 않을 것입니다. 우린 다른 방향으로 가길 원합니다."

라고 했다고 한다. 그것은 작업을 시작한지 9개월이 지난 시점의 일이었다고 한다. 결국 작업에 너무 많은 시간이 소모됨에 따라 샘 레이미의 인내심은 한계를 넘어서 결국 하차하였다고 하니, 샘 레이미는 그들은 왜 계속 일을 하게 했으며, 먼저 거부권이 있음을 알려주지 않았는지 의아하다고 한다. 또한 새 감독 던칸존스에 대해서는 자신이 그의 영화 [더 문]을 좋아하니 매우 재능있는 감독이라고 평했다.

http://collider.com/spider-man-4-world-of-warcraft-sam-raimi/
Comments
2013-03-06 08:48:14

요즘은 셈레이미보다 던컨존스가 더 믿음직스럽네요. 골수 와우저라는데.....

2013-03-06 08:55:55

블리자드의 반응도 이해할 수 없군요
9개월 있다가 거부라니

2013-03-06 09:22:27

물개님 혹시 원본 링크도 걸어주실수 있을까요? 스파이더맨4에 대한 이야기도 읽어보고 싶어서요 :)

WR
2013-03-06 09:27:38

http://collider.com/spider-man-4-world-of-warcraft-sam-raimi/

2013-03-06 11:58:11

감사합니다^^ 시간이 조금만 더 있었다면 절치부심한 샘레이미의 4편도 볼수 있었을텐데 아쉽군요.

2013-03-06 09:40:55

스파이더맨3의 폭망수준의 악평때문이 아니었을까요 속편까지의 완성도가 너무 처참해서 말이죠

2013-03-06 16:40:28

블리자드의 입김이 강해서 그런거 아닐까요? 90%까지 만들었던 게임도 마음에 안든다고 엎어버리는 블리자드니...

글쓰기
SERVER HEALTH CHECK: OK